Punk Rock: Classic and Modern

The REOFFENDERS are on an indefinite break. Never say never, but we currently have no plans to play. However, we had joy and we had fun... and we blogged about it. Enjoy reading and reliving some good times.

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, April 14, 2009



We accidentally had a beery afternoon the day before our trip to Jersey but got to bed at 1am. We were planning on unveiling a new song (Dammit - Blink 182) and I'd been really struggling with the words. So everytime I woke up, I heard the guitar riff going round in my head! Aarrrghh! I think I got about 2 hours sleep, interspersed with subliminal lyric learning.

The flight left Exeter at 7.10am and we went straight to the hotel and then out for breakfast and a wander. John and I went for a walk around the new Quay and then to Chambers to meet up with the others. Bully, Dave and I went in search of real ale while Paul and John watched the footy on Chambers' supersized TV. After a quick lunch, we stopped off at the hotel to pick up some stuff and then back to Chambers to soundcheck.

Will pointed out a balloon that was stuck in the light fitting. He thinks its ours from last time! Oops! I'm rather impressed its still inflated.

We went out for a really nice meal at 9pm in Ristorante Romano where Paul had his first pizza of 2009! Can you believe it? Then we went onto Chambers to get ready for the gig. We had a great night, the audience was really up for it. It was quite a modern setlist and Rancid, Sum41 and Blink 182 seemed to work particularly well. I was rather chuffed that I nailed the words to Dammit. Perhaps now I can get a good nights sleep.


John and I woke up at about 10.30am. We'd missed breakfast but had appreciated the extra sleep. We phoned the boys room an hour later when we were ready to go out but they were all still comatosed so we left them to it.

We found a bicycle hire place and took a couple of bikes along St Aubin and along a really nice cycle path that used to be a railway which takes you to La Corbiere. I'm guessing our round trip was 10-12 miles but it was a gorgeous day and we stopped along the way for icecream and beer.

We went back to the hotel at about 6pm to rendezvouz and then went for more pizza. Paul's getting back into his stride how ;-)

I personally found it a harder gig tonight but Bully found it a lot easier. Funny ain't it! The audience weren't as into their cheese as Saturday but did like the more classic punk so we shuffled the setlist on the fly to adapt to the audience.

We stayed up chatting back at the hotel and one by one, we sloped off to bed. Except me, who had Bully and John sat on my bed talking. So I just crashed. It's not often John's awake after me!


We missed breakfast again, no real surprise there, but we had to get up to vacate the hotel rooms. We only had a few hours before we needed to get to the airport so after a late breakfast in a cafe, we went to the pub for a couple of pints of "Jimmy's" from Jersey Brewery. Very nice it is too.

Then it was off to the airport and back home by 7ish, absolutely knackered!

But I reckon we made some new friends and hopefully they'll all turn out for us again in October! Big thanks to Will and Ross for booking us, looking after us and doing the sound. Cheers :-D


Post a Comment


Post a Comment