The REOFFENDERS

Punk Rock: Classic and Modern

The REOFFENDERS are on an indefinite break. Never say never, but we currently have no plans to play. However, we had joy and we had fun... and we blogged about it. Enjoy reading and reliving some good times.

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Cornwall Tour: Day 8 - Plymouth

Yes I know Plymouth is in Devon! But it was a fitting finale to the tour to play at The Hub with Too Hot.

It's the first time we've been to a gig where there's a proper backstage. This included a fridge full of beer, a tray of donuts and cakes, a fruit bowl and crisps. Rock n roll! But where were the smarties? I asked for orange smarties dammit!

The Hub is a great venue. There's the bar, a chillout room, a bottle bar and the main room where the stage is. The chillout room was a particularly nice pre gig hangout spot.

While Hoover negotiated with the technicians to get the longest mic lead possible so he could wander, Hot and I tested out standing on bass cabs and drum risers!

Zero Consent started the evening, a ska punk band from Southampton. We went on at 10pm and played for an hour. Because I'd been working out rock poses with Hot, I hadn't checked the length of my mic lead so I was on a bit of a short leash. It meant I couldn't cover the whole stage and do as much as I normally do. Walk Like an Egyptian was unbelievably fast. I was actually struggling to spit the words out quick enough and breathing? Forget it... haven't got time! Me thinks our Tosh got a bit excited!

OUCH!John was crouching on the stage during one song and one over enthusiastic girl bit him. Like REALLY bit him! And didn't let go! He's got a mouth shaped bruise on his leg. That's a scary way of saying hello!

After we finished, a very nice girl called Becky asked me to join her, Mike and Mark for a drink which I was very nice of them. Oh and Sam too. It's so nice to get so much good feedback! I also enjoyed the fact that they thought I was 10 years younger than I actually am :-D

Sourz were bought, then Aftershock, then Tequila. Urgh! But it was Tosh's birthday so we were being less than sensible. Too Hot came on and I got in there and skanked my socks off. I was dripping with sweat, I really don't know where I found the energy.
They were great, as always.

As it turned midnight, I tried to talk to Rich between songs but didn't manage it. So I wrote him a sign to tell him it was Tracy's birthday. Glyn made a big deal about it which was great, our lil' Tosh is 26 now!

Thanks to Too Hot for letting us support and thanks to Annie for running such an awesome venue.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment