The REOFFENDERS

Punk Rock: Classic and Modern

The REOFFENDERS are on an indefinite break. Never say never, but we currently have no plans to play. However, we had joy and we had fun... and we blogged about it. Enjoy reading and reliving some good times.

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Cornwall Tour: Day 4 - Day off

Tosh and Indesit planned a mission to Newquay to get drunk. I was still abit delicate from the night before but as it was our last day off, what the hell!

We left the campsite at about 4pm. Indesit dumped his car somewhere for the night and then our first stop was Skinners Ale House!

"Arrrrg, the Black Pearl....". They had a beer called Black Pearl. Each time it was mentioned, I did my Captain Barbosa impression. I was asked how much I'd had to drink... erm, I'm waiting to get served my first!

We had three pints before Tosh decided it was a good idea to start on Sourz. I had pineapple, she and Indesit had Tropical. Yummy! We had 4 which probably isn't a good idea at tea time before food. We had a nice chat with Scott, one of the locals who used to be in a punk band called Cidervision years ago. We had a good old chat about music in general, but especially punk. He got very excited when I told him the Anti Knowhere League were playing Topsham in October.

Paul looking particularly fetching in silly wig and hatWe were feeling abit silly and giggling by then. "We need hats" says Indesit and so the silliness got more silly. I found a fantastic wig too so wore my big red sparkly hat with a long red curly wig. Very subtle. Scarily Indesit looks better in that wig than me.

We went to Wetherspoons for some tea and a very uninspiring pint before heading to The Barracuda for the Punk v Metal night. On the way it started raining torentially so I gave my rendition of singing in the rain, complete with running up and down steps, swinging round a lamppost and jumping in a big puddle!

There were three bands on in the Barracuda. I felt abit sorry for the first two bands because it was early and there wasn't many people in yet. It's a huge room and it must have been abit disheartening to play to such a sparse audience. Favourite band of the night were Even Nine.

The DJ after the bands was great playing Machine Head, System of a Down, Nirvana, Pantera, Toy Dolls... lots of things to make us jump up down like idiots. We got slightly carried away jumping around to "500 miles" which resulted in Tosh falling into all the drinks, sustaining a wet bottom and us nearly knocking over a pole dancer. Oops.

Indesit and I switched to coke while Tosh decided putting a double shot of JD in hers was a much better idea. Ah the young and foolish.

We got home at about 2am I think, stayed up for another hour probably and then hit the sack


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment