The REOFFENDERS

Punk Rock: Classic and Modern

The REOFFENDERS are on an indefinite break. Never say never, but we currently have no plans to play. However, we had joy and we had fun... and we blogged about it. Enjoy reading and reliving some good times.

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Cornwall Tour: Day 2 - St Ives

It wasn't great weather today. Paul wanted to watch the Charity Shield so we went to the Walkabout in Newquay after a brief trip to the beach.

We headed off to St Ives at 6ish. The landlord Derek was very friendly and welcoming, and he keeps a good pint! Always a bonus with me.

From the first song, the place was jumping! It was very full - people obviously enjoy their music there! It was one of the best pub debuts we've ever done!

We were congratulated at the end of the night for not playing Sweet Home Alabama which apparently they get alot. Hmmm, not in this band.

One eccentric looking customer kept shouting "Huzzah, huzzah", "kick out the jams" and "play some punk, you tw@ts!". Expressions that would be heard repeatedly around the campsite in the coming week.

Ouch!I sustained a band injury. The post gig balloon bursting body charge was carried out but after three charges with Justin, the balloon was still in tact. Indesit and I have a 100% record so we went for it. The balloon burst but I fell back and bashed my hand on the light unit. My thumb went black and swelled up like a pudding almost immediately. So I sat with a bag of ice round my hand while the rest of the band packed up.

I can't move my thumb much. Oops!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment