Punk Rock: Classic and Modern

The REOFFENDERS are on an indefinite break. Never say never, but we currently have no plans to play. However, we had joy and we had fun... and we blogged about it. Enjoy reading and reliving some good times.

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Cornwall: Day Four

We went into St Ives for breakfast after listening to some tunes in the tent. We're trying to decide on new songs to learn and us being together with not much to do seems like a good opportunity.

We had a couple of beers in the Golden Lion and then wandered to the harbour. Paul spotted a seal very close to the beach so I paddled out a bit into the water to try to get a photo. The seal had moved and the tide started coming in really quickly. So from me knees down, my jeans were soaked.

We went to the other side of the harbour and there he was again... and then another... and another! 3 seals right next to each other, really close to the harbour. We stood there for easily an hour watching them and got some great photos. I was on my way to the toilet block when I saw a family pointing the other way saying "There's one there". I stopped to tell them that there were three seals at the other end of the pier. "Oh yes, we've seen them" they said, "We're watching the dolphin!". Dolphin!!! DOLPHIN!!! yay!!! I phoned John to tell him to join me. There were lots of tourist boats swarming round where the dolphin had been sighted but I did manage to see his tail.

As we wandered back into town, a crazy lady hummed and shook her sunglasses at Paul and Bully. A good luck omen or a hex?

We had a healthy meal of a pasty and a mississippi mud pie on the way back to the car and picked up some groceries for later. We picked up the van and Katie (who'd been away busking in Dartington) and then headed back into town to setup.

Heligan Honey was the beer of choice and it was great to see Kayne, Tony and Bettina. Bully announced a £20 fine for anyone who tells Katie she's "a good drummer... for a girl".

Indesit looked very fetching in his red bow tie that he'd bought earlier that day, although he ended up wearing it his hair by the end of the night. He also brought back the balloon tradition a the close of the gig and inflicted some balloons scars on himself and almost broke my sternum.

We left the pub with blue noses having being "chalked" by Paul. Bully's nose was impervious to the chalk. Perhaps the crazy lady's hex was to repell chalk? Who knows.

We'd had a really good day which ended in the best gig of the week. The Lion's Den is really special to us.


Post a Comment


Post a Comment