Punk Rock: Classic and Modern

The REOFFENDERS are on an indefinite break. Never say never, but we currently have no plans to play. However, we had joy and we had fun... and we blogged about it. Enjoy reading and reliving some good times.

Powered by Blogger

Friday, October 23, 2009



We flew at 5pm on Friday which is a lot more civilised than our normal 7am flights. I'd decided to go to work in the morning which proved to be a bad idea - I was knackered before I started!

We got to Chambers for soundcheck at 6.30ish but the mixing desk had been borrowed for another gig so we went off for dinner first. We went to Romanos which we've enjoyed on previous visits to Jersey and then went back to Chambers for 9pm and then went to the hotel to dump our bags and kill a bit of time before the gig.

It's a funny mixture of people at Chambers. Some people love the cheesy silly stuff whilst others want the old school harder edged punk. We try to balance the setlist so that there's something for everyone. I rearranged the setlist to include a song that someone had asked for and rearranged probably the next half an hours worth of music to accommodate, much to the confusion of the rest of the band.

We got back to the hotel at about 2.30am and stayed up talking for a couple of hours before bed.


I didn't make it to breakfast but John woke me up with a slice of toast that he'd brought up from the restaurant and a coffee. Good hunter gathering there hun!

We popped our heads through the adjoining door into the boys' room and OH MY GOD! The stench was overpowering. Two horrified faces reported that Indesit had been trumping like a goodun! He didn't help prove his innocence with his sniggering.

John and I got the bus to St Ouen for a wander while the boys watched football in Chambers. We had a couple of pints of real ale (a hard to find commodity) and mooched around the pearl factory where we had a good coffee and saw lots of jewellery that I'd never want to buy.

Back in St Helier, we discovered plaques in the harbour commemorating some crazy people who have swum round the island. We're talking 11 hours of swimming! Nuts!

The guys had been to MacDonalds so John and I went to Bella Italia for pizza. We had a great meal and the best service I've ever had from a waiter who was being impressively efficient yet making it look easy.

We went back to the hotel to chill before the gig. I went into the bathroom to be met by the most unimaginable smell that Satan himself would have been proud of. It seems we hadn't closed the adjoining door and minutes before we arrived back, Rob had nipped in and left a present for us! Bastard! He's still laughing about it now!

I was feeling so tired that I felt a bit unwell so I stuck to water for the rest of the evening. It was also insanely hot as the aircon hadn't been switched on so we were cooking nicely. John asked the audience if anyone had seen us before and two lovely ladies piped up that they'd seen us at Cobo Bay in Guernsey and had in fact flown over especially to see us. Awwwwww :-)

As soon as we got back to the hotel, I went straight to bed, totally pooped.


We'd all decided to get out of St Hellier for the day so got a bus to Gorey on what proved to be a lovely sunny day. It's a pretty place with a big castle on the hill but at £10 entry each, we just looked from the outside.

It was Paul's turn to be knackered but there was a general air of weariness in the group. Beers were had and scenic pics taken but before long it was time to go home.

We got back to St Hellier, picked up our cases from Chambers and got a taxi to the airport. It was a quiet journey home but at least I stayed awake this time


Post a Comment


Post a Comment