The REOFFENDERS

Punk Rock: Classic and Modern

The REOFFENDERS are on an indefinite break. Never say never, but we currently have no plans to play. However, we had joy and we had fun... and we blogged about it. Enjoy reading and reliving some good times.

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, June 18, 2006

A Night Off to See Someone Else...

Last night I should've been at Hyde Park watching the Foo Fighters. I'd made a decision for couple of months ago that it was going to be a bit of a mission with a gig the night before and the night after. I'd also have to not sing at the Foo gig. I'm not very good at that. So.. I sold my ticket. The sensible decision! Bugger! I hate being sensible!

So, with a night off, me n Hoover went to see Cover'd at the Crawford. It was pretty full when we got there but by the break, the place was packed! The range of songs that they covered was pretty impressive: old school rock with AC/DC and Thin Lizzy to punk with Sex Pistol and The Undertones through to Rage Against the Machine and Therapy, there was something for everyone. And they did So What! I did get very excited during RATM. They ended the 2nd set with Foo Fighters Everlong and it was awesome. Note for note exactly like the original and Darren adapts his vocals to every song to cover the song more closely.

They had a stand in drummer who was awesome. It reminded us of when Gary Goblin stood in for us at our mate Kat's party. When they came off stage, we discovered ... their stand in drummer was indeed Gary Goblin! It was nice to see him again!

Crackin' night! I reckon these guys are the best band on the circuit!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment